Over 27 million Americans suffer from arthritis, making it the most common cause of disability in the United States. Arthritis is defined as joint inflammation, but the term is used to describe around 200 conditions that affect joints, the tissues that surround the joint, and other connective tissue. It is a rheumatic condition with the most common form known as osteoarthritis.
What causes arthritis?
- Excessive wear and tear on the joints
- Work-related injuries
- Post-traumatic accidents
- Sports injuries
- Pain and stiffness first thing in the morning
- Joints ache after prolonged walking, driving, climbing stairs
- Reduced range of motion of the joint
- Swelling and reduced range of motion
How can PT help?
- Improve joint mobility
- Joint mobilization
- Stretching/balance exercises
- Improve strength
- Decrease pain
- Ice/heat with compression and elevation
- Electric stimulation
Need help addressing arthritis pain? Call 610-466-7060 and schedule your evaluation at one of our three convenient locations in Coatesville, Downingtown and West Chester!